If you've got a paper and pencil system that makes your personal finances hum like a well-oiled machine, then by all means feel free to stick to it. At the same time, it can’t hurt to try a more advanced system. If you find you aren't comfortable with Online Banking, you can always go back to the manual method.
If you've been resisting switching over to Online Banking, here are some possible incentives to at least giving it a shot:
- You are better protected against ID theft since you are in touch with your account activity more immediately.
- It’s easier to track your account balances and access your account information.
- It’s better for the environment because of the lack of paper.
- You are less likely to incur overdraft fees since you are able to access your account information at any time.
- Online Banking can make expense-tracking and budgeting much easier since you have an automatic record of charges whenever you want them.
- You may be able to set up alerts to let you know when certain events happen with your accounts. (i.e - Deposits, transfers, cleared checks, etc.)
- Many forms of Online Banking easily interface with computer programs that can help you get the most out of your money.
- Pen Air FCU offers a free program called Money Manager. For information visit Penair.org/MoneyManager.
- Most credit unions offer convenient Online Banking or Mobile Banking services for depositing checks or that otherwise would have necessitated an extra trip. Online Banking is typically free (aside from standard data charges from your cell phone provider).
- Avoid waiting in lines at your branch or drive-thru
- Online Banking can be done at any time - When it's convenient for you!
- Automated Online Bill Pay means never forgetting a bill that’s due. Plus, you don’t have to buy stamps or manage the mess of a bunch of paper bills floating around.
- Transferring money between your accounts literally takes seconds.
- Online Banking makes it easy to access your money no matter where you are.
- Direct deposit of your pay or other checks saves you time and hassle.
Life happens 24/7; so should your banking! At Pen Air FCU, we offer both Online and Mobile Banking services to help save you time and money. Conveniently check your account balance, transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks, or apply for a loan - when and where it's convenient for you! Visit penair.org/OnlineBanking.
© 2013 BALANCE